Thursday 20 March, 2008

Sony Vaio Rocks !!!

Yesterday, my laptop got infected with a virus in front of my client. I took her pen drive and plugged it in and went further without scanning. I clicked on a file which was actually a virus. You can say, it was carelessness or unfortunate that I had switched off Vista's Defender and have already removed Norton Anti-Virus (because it's a bigger headache than a virus as it makes the performace of the machine pathetic). At first, my task manager got disabled. And as I restarted my machine, the screen went blank after log in and Ctrl+Shift+Del was not even giving me Task Manager. Bad enough, I could not perform a single action. I restarted the machine thrice just to avoid the embarrasment of an empty screen. Even, safe mode was of no help!

Then I brought in My Vaio's Recovery Tools to picture. From the boot menu, I selected to recover my machine. In a single minute, I was back to the original state of the machine. It cleaned up the virus. And I didn't lost any data !!!

Right now, I am in no mood to put in technical stuff. But must say, I took a lot of time to decide on a machine and I am glad that I choose a Sony Vaio CR series model - CR24G. Sony Vaio Rocks Man !!!

No comments: